The holiday season is just around the corner! It’s a busy season, filled with gift shopping, family visits and lots of cooking when all you really want to do is curl up on the couch with a cosy blanket and a good book. As it’s such a busy and occasionally stressful season, it can be very hard to find some “me time.” While your hands are busy fixing and preparing, why not wind down and de-stress with a great audiobook?
BookBeat offers unlimited listening to thousands of audiobooks right on your mobile or tablet. Sign up, download the app, and scroll through our catalogue to find your next favourite book. You can then stream or download audiobooks so that you can listen even when you’re on the go. Perfect for when you’re running around crowded stores, cooking up a storm and winding down after long family dinners.
We’ve put together a list of some of ways you can enjoy audiobooks during the upcoming months leading up to the big fest with Christmas crackers and enough sprouts to feed an army. Have a listen, relax and get inspired by a great story!
1. Curl up on the couch with All the Light We Cannot See – This bestselling novel won the Pulitzer Prize in 2015 and stayed on the New York Bestseller list for more two and a half years! It is a page-turner that pulls you in and acts as a comforting duvet during the grey and rainy months. Anthony Doerr’s novel is one that moves you and stays with you long after you’ve finished reading it.
2. Navigate holiday shopping crowds with Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine – Gail Honeyman’s bestselling debut took the literary world by storm and warmed everyone’s hearts. The multi-award-winning title is simply charming and will be sure to help you keep stress levels down while trying to find that perfect gift.
3. Feeling chilly from the winter cold and want to get your heart racing? Try The Woman in the Window – If you haven’t already read this, you’re in for a thrilling treat! Picture this: you’re in your house looking out of the window when you see a crime being committed in the house opposite you. Problem is, you can’t for the life of you see the perpetrator. What do you do? If you liked Gone Girl, you’re going to love this! Have a listen before the film starring Amy Adams hits the cinemas!
4. Had a long week of running from family dinner to family dinner? Try Life on Earth When you want to be soothed by a familiar and ever-so-great voice, David Attenborough is the man to turn to. Life on Earth is available as an audiobook for the first time ever and this bran-new edition celebrates the 40th anniversary of the book’s first publication!
5. Or if you’re looking for a classic to help you get into the holiday mood, try A Christmas Carol with everyone’s favourite grumpy miser, Ebenezer Scrooge. You simply can’t go wrong with a Christmas classic!
Want to find out more? Click here
This content is sponsored byLast modified: June 10, 2021