As summer ebbs away fruit bearing trees and bushes are laden with ripe, juicy treats. Among those fruits coming into season are apples and blackberries so what better way to employ them than in a delicious apple and blackberry crumble.
1lt/2pt oven dish and mixing bowl
Temperature: 180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes + 20 minutes
Free from Gluten, Egg, Soya, Nuts
- 500g cooking apples
- 75g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g Doves Farm Organic Oat Flour
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 100g blackberries
How to – apple and blackberry crumble
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into a 1lt/2pt oven dish.
- Add the caster sugar, water and vanilla extract then stir to mix.
- Bake the apples in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Measure the flour and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Slice the butter into lumps, add it to the bowl and roughly mix it into the flour, using a fork, to create lumpy breadcrumbs.
- Carefully remove the apples from the oven and stir in the blackberries.
- Pour the flour mixture over the fruit and spread it out to the edges.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
For more great seasonal fruit recipes visit our food and drink channel.Last modified: September 6, 2021