Cheat serving: 1.5 (find out more here)
- 450g tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 450g halibut
- 2 mint sprigs
- 5 tbsp shallot, minced 450g kale
- 125ml vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Depending on the size of your tomatoes, either roughly chop them or halve them. Spread the tomatoes out evenly on a baking sheet, and then drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for 25–30 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are baking, place a piece of foil large enough to wrap the fish in a baking dish. Add the halibut to the middle of the foil, and then evenly distribute the mint and shallot over the fish. Wrap the foil tightly around the fish. When the tomatoes have about 10 minutes left, add the fish to the oven. Everything should be done about the same time – just make sure the fish is opaque.
- Remove the stems from the kale, and then roughly chop the leaves. In a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the vegetable stock. Once the stock is simmering, add the kale and cook until it’s wilted.
- To serve, place a bed of kale on the bottom of your plate, add the tomatoes then the halibut on top.
Recipe provided by the Cheats & Eats Lifestyle programme from Jackie Wicks with Rob Robson.Last modified: June 10, 2021