Healthy eating post Christmas does not have to been an austerity regime. By sticking to a diet plan there is no reason why you cannot treat yourself to desserts like these hot chocolate and salted caramel pots.
A little common sense and willpower will help you maintain a healthy weight without surrendering everything you love.
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 3 minutes standing time
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 75g caramel dipping sauce
- Quarter tsp sea salt
- 75g 70% plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25g butter
- 2 free range eggs
- 40g caster sugar
- Quarter tsp vanilla bean paste
- 25g plain flour
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
Method – Hot chocolate and salted caramel pots
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Divide the caramel evenly between 2 x 325ml ovenproof dishes and sprinkle with the salt.
- Place the chocolate and butter into a small, heavy-based saucepan and melt over a very low heat, keeping a close eye on it to prevent it from burning. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Place the eggs, sugar, and vanilla into an electric mixer and whisk for 8-10 minutes until thick and doubled in size. Fold the cool – but still liquid – chocolate into the egg mixture followed by the flour. Spoon the mixture over the caramel and level it to ensure all the caramel is covered.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until risen and just starting to set in the centre. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 3 minutes, then dust with cocoa powder and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe provided by Waitrose.
If you enjoyed this recipe for Hot chocolate and salted caramel pots, you’ll find more delicious pudding recipes on our Food and Drink channel.Tags: Hot chocolate, salted caramel pots Last modified: February 11, 2022