As far a midweek dinners go, this easy pork medallions with crème fraîche and tangy wholegrain mustard sauce couldn’t be simpler. What’s more, not only does it deliver on the taste front, it can also help you to keep your heart healthy.
A new study has shown that wholegrain mustard is good for you and that just 10g – or a heaped teaspoon – eaten every day, can help to achieve a healthy blood glucose and/or cholesterol level.
With this tasty recipe for a weeknight family supper or a weekend dinner party with friends, you can see just how easy it is to add heart healthy mustard into your recipe repertoire. So quick to make, the creamy sauce keeps the pork succulent while the Tracklements Robust Wholegrain Mustard – as used in the research – brings a lovely tang and texture to the dish. Serve with mash, rice or noodles and lots of green veg.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking time: approx 20 minutes
- 2 pork loin steaks
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 small apple, quartered, cored and sliced
- 1 medium leek, trimmed and cut into roughly 1cm slices
- 200ml pork or chicken stock (made with ½ stock cube)
- 2 tsp Tracklements Robust Wholegrain Mustard
- 45g full fat crème fraiche (swap for half fat if you wish)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Easy pork medallions with crème fraîche and tangy wholegrain mustard sauce – Method
- Season the pork on both sides with a little sea salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the pork for 3-4 mins on each side, depending on thickness, or until lightly browned and cooked through (don’t overcook or the pork will toughen). Transfer to a warmed plate
- Add the apple and leek to the frying pan and cook for 4 mins or until lightly browned and beginning to soften
- Stir in the stock and mustard, bring to a simmer for 7 mins or until the leek is soft and the liquid has reduced by roughly two thirds, stirring constantly
- Stir in the crème fraiche and cook until melted and bubbling
- Return the pork to the pan and warm through for a minute or two before serving
A store cupboard hero for both celebrity chefs and home cooks, the Tracklements range is still handmade in the green heart of Wiltshire, abiding to traditional recipes, with an underpinning principle to buy the best quality ingredients sourced locally wherever possible to ensure the products taste as good as, if not better than, homemade.
If you enjoyed Easy pork medallions with crème fraîche and tangy wholegrain mustard sauce, you’ll find more healthy recipe ideas on our Food and Drink and Nutrition channels.Tags: pork medallions Last modified: May 3, 2022