Preparation time: 25 minutes
For the wraps
- 6 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 60g toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Small bunch Thai basil
- Small bunch mint
- A handful of micro herbs (if available)
- Small bunch of watercress (or rocket leaves if you prefer)
For the dipping sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 2cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- To make the dipping sauce, whisk together the tahini, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and ginger. Loosen the mixture with a splash of water to create the perfect dipping consistency.
- Take a large mixing bowl and fill with warm water. Gather together the remaining ingredients so they are all on hand.
- Soak a rice paper wrapper in the warm water for about 20 seconds and place on a damp, clean tea towel.
- Put a little chicken, avocado, watercress and a sprinkle of the herbs in the middle of the wrapper, then top with some of the walnuts. Fold in the edges of the wrapper over the filling and roll up the opposite edges to seal. Continue this process with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with the dipping sauce and any remaining chopped walnuts on the side to dip as you go.
Recipe provided my California WalnutsLast modified: June 10, 2021