- 1 small pumpkin (roughly 1kg)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 stems of rosemary
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 150ml double cream
- Salt and black pepper
- Cut the top off the pumpkin and divide into smaller chunks and scoop out the seeds. The seeds can be set aside and roasted in olive oil to either enjoy as a snack, or sprinkle over the soup when served.
- Using a sharp knife, hollow out the flesh from the pumpkin and roughly dice.
- Drizzle the honey and olive oil over and roast for 30 – 40 minutes, or until tender. Baste part way through to prevent the honey from burning.
- Bring the stock to a boil and pour into a blender with the roasted pumpkin and double cream, adding black pepper and salt to taste. Blend until smooth and return to the hob to warm before serving.
- Serving options include adding a swirl of double cream, more cracked black pepper, or roasted pumpkin seeds.
Save the seeds once you’ve scooped them out, so you can roast them and sprinkle on top of the soup, to bring extra flavour.
Recipe provided by Haskins Garden CentreLast modified: June 10, 2021