Serves 2 Preparation
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 184g streaky bacon
- 4 large free range eggs
- 100g Rachel’s Greek style low fat yogurt
- Salt & pepper
- 1 red chilli, chopped (de-seed if you wish the dish to be less hot)
- 10g salted butter
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Dark sourdough loaf, sliced
- Begin by cooking the bacon under the grill or in the oven – cook to your liking.
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug and add the yogurt. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, then use a fork to beat them together. Add the chopped chilli.
- Put a medium sized saucepan over a low heat and add the butter. Leave it to melt slowly, then when it starts to bubble, carefully pour in the eggs.
- Stir slowly with a wooden spoon, or a spatula if you've got one, so you can get right to the edges of the pan. Keep gently stirring until the eggs still look silky, slightly runny and slightly underdone, and then remove from the heat – the heat of the pan will continue to cook the eggs to perfection.
- Layer the scrambled egg with avocado slices and cooked bacon on toasted slices of sourdough bread, serving immediately.