350 calories per serving
All fruits and vegetables are hydrating – especially melons and cucumbers, both of which contain over 90 percent water, making them a healthy way to add fluid to your diet on hot summer days.
This light salad is also a great source of calcium for healthy bones (along with a little summer sun for vitamin D) and a source of protein. Sunflower seeds add extra fibre and magnesium to this dish.
For the salad
- 1 small cucumber, halved, de-seeded and sliced
- Half watermelon, peeled, de-seeded and cut into small chunks
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into small chunks
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 50g pitted black olives, halved
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 small handful of mint, chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt, to season
- Black pepper, to season
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Whisk the olive oil and lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.