Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
- 400g white potatoes
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 medium white onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic – to taste
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp oil
- Fresh coriander – handful
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the garlic and slice onions.
- Add oil to a large pan, and then fry the garlic and onions on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up and add the potatoes, add the spices and stir to coat the veg, cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly to toast the spice.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, and add 200ml water.
- Simmer on a low heat for 1hr to 1 ½ hours until the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan; turn the heat up and cook for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add in the bag of spinach and stir until it starts to wilt.
Finish with roughly chopped coriander.
Visit Aldi recipes for more vegan inspiration.Last modified: June 10, 2021