Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
The combination of spices and simple preparation makes it a welcome addition to Christmas dinner.
- 500g sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee and add cumin and mustard seeds until they pop.
- Add onions and cook for about 5-10 minutes until just browning.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Stir in chilli powder and salt.
- Add the sprouts with a little water and cook for about 5 minutes until cooked (I like to leave mine a little crisp).
Visit Hari's website for further spiced recipe inspirationLast modified: June 10, 2021