Nutrition per serving: 330 kcal/42g carbs/21g sugar/19g fat/6g protein/56mg sodium
Prep time: 30 min / Cook time: 30 min
For the cakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 100g coconut sugar
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g vegan butter
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp bicarb
- Pinch of salt
For the frosting
- 150g cashew bites
- 100g frozen mixed berries – thawed
- 60g soaked jujube fruit (soak in boiled water for 20 minutes)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- Jujube Sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- In a food processor, combine the banana, coconut sugar and vegan butter and cream these together.
- Next, add in all of your dry ingredients and blend until everything is well combined and forms a smooth cake batter. Divide this amongst your cupcake cases (the mixture should make around 6-7 cakes) and pop these into the oven for around 30 minutes to bake. You’ll know the cakes are done when a skewer can be pierced into the cake and comes out clean.
- Transfer the cakes onto a wire rack and allow them to cool completely. Meanwhile, to prepare your frosting, add the nuts, berries, drained jujube fruits and agave to a food processor and blitz this until you’re left with a smooth, creamy frosting. This might take a while to achieve a really smooth icing.
- When your cakes have thoroughly cooled, top each of them with some of your frosting and garnish with some dried jujube sprinkles.
Recipe provided by Abakus FoodsLast modified: June 10, 2021