High in protein, high in vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium. This is delicious time-saving stir fry beef and broccoli is another in our series of quick, healthy meals that help you meet your five-a-day needs.
- 1lb of beef steak cut into 3 inch strips
- 1 broccoli stem cut into bite size florets and blanched
- 2 tbsp of sesame seed oil
- 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 4inch cube of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of dry sherry
- 1 tsp corn flour
Stir fry beef and broccoli – Method
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame seed oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Stir fry the beef until cooked, drain and remove from the heat.
- Heat the other tbsp of sesame seed oil in the wok, add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the blanched broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the soy sauce, dry sherry and corn flour separately in a bowl then add to the wok.
- Add the beef and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
Serve with rice. For added fibre try brown rice.
For more healthy midweek meals, visit our Food and Drink channel.Tags: Broccoli, nutrition, recipes Last modified: February 24, 2022