This sweet and tangy dessert features a buttery oat and cinnamon crumble topping that perfectly complements the tender rhubarb and fruit filling. Baked until golden and bubbly, this delightful treat is best enjoyed warm and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 500g rhubarb
- 100ml water
- 100 grams golden caster sugar
- 250g strawberries
- 75g butter
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 60g Demerara sugar
- 128g oats
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Trim and cut the rhubarb and place half of it in a saucepan with the golden caster sugar and water, and simmer gently until syrupy.
- Halve the strawberries the place all the fruit and rhubarb syrup into a baking dish.
- To make the crumble, add the cold butter cubes and, using your fingertips or a pastry cutter, rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Do not overwork it! Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and oats and sprinkle generously over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream.
If you enjoyed our rhubarb and strawberry crumble recipe, you’ll find many more seasonal puddings and desserts on our Food and Drink channel.Tags: recipes, rhubarb and strawberry crumble Last modified: July 27, 2023