Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
- 10g Bart smokey chipotle spice rub
- 400g sweet potato, diced
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 28g pack coriander, stalks and leaves separated and finely chopped
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 salad onions, finely sliced
- 115g baby spinach
- 6 seeded or wholemeal tortilla wraps
- In a large pan, fry half of the onion in 1 tbsp oil for 3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and jalapeno; cook for 2 minutes. Add the spice rub and sweet potato, tossing to coat. Tip in 200g tomatoes and 3 tbsp water and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until the sweet potato, is soft.
- Meanwhile, sauté the remaining onion in 1 tbsp oil until soft. Add the coriander stalks, remaining 600g tomatoes and 200ml water. Cook over a medium heat until reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ÌŠC, gas mark 6. Stir the beans, salad onion, spinach and coriander leaves into the potato mixture until the spinach has wilted; season. Trim 3cm from the top and bottom of each tortilla; divide the mixture between them and roll up tightly.
- Spoon a quarter of the sauce into an ovenproof dish. Lay the tortillas on top, seam-side down. Brush with oil; bake for 15 minutes. Serve with the remaining sauce (reheated if necessary) and guacamole, if desired.
Recipe provided by Waitrose.comLast modified: June 10, 2021