This light and satisfying California walnut and lemon parsley spaghetti recipe is the perfect way to maintain your January health kick. It is fully vegan, super simple and you can track the nutritional value in the table at the foot of the page.
Food isn’t just about sustenance, in order to maintain a healthy eating regime you have to enjoy what you are putting on the plate. This recipe really delivers with a refreshingly fruity twist on your ‘go to’ pasta dishes.
- 160 g spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g California walnuts toasted and finely chopped
- 50 g flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon and juice of half
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Salt & pepper
- 60 g frozen peas thawed
Method – California walnut and lemon parsley spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti as per the packet instructions.
- Using a medium sized non-stick frying pan, sauté the garlic in the olive oil over a medium heat for 1-2 mins until fragrant and soft.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan, then stir in the California walnuts, parsley, zest and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper to serve.
Serving: 290g | Calories: 780kcal | Carbohydrates: 63.6g | Protein: 17.5g | Fat: 52.4g | Saturated Fat: 6.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 25.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17.5g | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fibre: 8.2g | Sugar: 3.7g | Salt: 0.16g.
If you enjoyed Delicious vegan California walnut and lemon parsley spaghetti, you find find more post-Christmas healthy eating recipes on our Food and Drink channel.
This recipe is reproduced courtesy of California Walnuts.Last modified: January 13, 2022